Well, in my pursuit to be authentic I carried out a small survey prior to writing this and the feedback I received was not only amazing, it was, at certain points amusing as well.
The choices and behavioural patterns were as different as the variety of participants. There is however not a bunch who can be considered as ‘majority’.
Some like to do it in the privacy and peace of their bedroom traditionally, while others do not let go of a chance even when travelling.
Some like a calm and serene atmosphere (not necessarily with dimmed lights and scented candles), while others are not deterred even by scorching sun and city traffic.
There are folks going for it say once a week, while some do it once a fortnight or a month.
We shall agree that it depends on one’s inclination and capacity, but the availability of suitable opportunities cannot be ruled out either.
In view of the above there are some more energetic and capable ones who do it(...hold your breath!) five times a day...who of course are frowned upon by less frequency wallas, the reason being they ‘believe in quality, not quantity’.
I personally do not completely agree with them as I have seen quality in bigger numbers too sometimes.
The most common frequency, however, was ranging from once to thrice a week unless some extreme urgency crops up unforeseen.
The regular ones have their likes and dislikes for timing as well. Some prefer the night--as there are no disturbances--some go for an early morning round because of an obvious ‘high energy level’ time, some, who can afford, like to relax with it during a leisurely siesta, while a lot many are hard pressed for time, hence cannot fix schedules and do it casually whenever they can steal an opportunity. This variety would settle even for a quickie in between other routine tasks, their motto being ‘just do it!’ spontaneously.
So this was my study of people from different walks and strata. My friends might like know the same about me, hence I give below my preferences together with reasons thereof:
1. I like to do it on alternate days, say once in 48 hrs or thrice a week, to provide my readers with an equal spacing between my posts, so they can re-read, make a comment or review other flow-backs if they so wish.
2. Regular intervals I guess make my readers expect for the next post around the pre-set time.
3. One post at a time narrows-down the attention of such a vast number of readers, and they can concentrate better on it.
4. As about the time, I prefer to do it after lunch from the solitude of my office, this being a time of the day when all others are lethargic after food and I’m less likely to be interrupted.
5. Another reason for this particular time is that once the posting is done I can check some responses before calling it a day. I use my evenings/late evenings reading(books) or writing(on paper) and avoid working on a laptop even for a pleasurable activity like this (pun not intended)
Are there any other frequencies or preferences of time than given in the above write-up?
All valued readers are requested to give their feedback for inclusion in my next one (the names will not be disclosedJ)
Thanks a lot!!